Corporate Slackrs X Emma Zander – Electric Sky
Insomniac Release + Exclusive EDC Interview
Corporate Slackrs are off to another year of what’s commonly known around the school yard as “absolutely killing it”. Gig after gig, festival after festival, this duo is clearly has no plans of slowing down! Getting started in 2012, these two have hunkered down in L.A. to make a name for themselves, and have boded successful. Throwing down energy filled vibes and aggressively destroying genre barriers, these two have received huge support world wide from artists like Tiesto, Laidback Luke, Bassjackers, Tujamo, and more.
Recently, Corporate Slackrs announced they’ll be playing EDC Las Vegas this upcoming June 16th-18th for their first time. A massive accomplishment & an opportunity they don’t plan on taking for granted. So much so, they teamed up with Emma Zander to produce what is what i’d personally call an “EDC Anthem” (not sure if it officially is or not, but listen to it and I dare you not to agree).
This collaboration called “Electric Sky”, captures the intricate sensations of ones experience, that EDC & Insomniac work so hard to create for it’s fans. The song emits pure vibes of unity, love, acceptance, and pretty much has you feeling like you’re in the crowd, surrounded by thousands of, what I like to see them as, “strangers waiting to be your friend”. Can’t wait to be under the “Electric Sky” myself and hear it live in it’s proper setting!
But for now, click below and join me on this incredible track, released TODAY on Insominiac Records in their EDC Compilation album
Check out the rest
EDC Las Vegas Exclusive Interview
How are you guys! Thanks for taking the time to ride through these questions and give our fans a peek into your lives, minds, and music! Personally been a fan for quite a bit, and stoked to have the opportunity with you two. It’s been an incredible handful of years for you two and couldn’t be more happy for the success so far, and everything else that’s right around the corner. Loved the song & it’s vibe. Have a feeling i’ll be hearing it a few times while at Vegas. Lets get into this!
Like I said, I’ve been seeing you two throw down since your earlier bookings. Dayglow/Life in Color Fort Myers? Mhm, I handed out flyers for weeks to earn my ticket to that show, and every flyer was damn worth it.
From my little college town & a paint party, to playing one of the largest festivals in the world, EDC Las Vegas. I’m sure the journey has been wild & thrilling.
What have been some of the biggest changes you’ve had to make in your music, talent, and overall life as you’ve continued to grow into the Corporate Slackrs you are now?
- Moving to Los Angeles was the biggest change of our career/lives. We have learned a lot since we moved here a little over 2 years ago. Going from a small music scene to the place where some of the best artists in the world make music helped our whole brand and sound. Being able to show our music to a wide variety of people who give great feedback has given us more confidence with trying new stuff and also sticking with certain things to develop a “Sound”.
The “EDM Scene” has absolutely BOOMED since you started DJing. Since day one, what are some of the aspects of the scene that have changed, that you guys like? Dislike?
- We like that more people are open to more genres and willing to give different music at least a chance. A dislike would be that more marketing ploys are being developed in “The scene” rather then just focusing on the music.
SCENARIO: A genie books you to play…. your DREAM GIG. Meaning, you get to choose EVERY aspect about it. The crowd, their energy, the venue, the city/location, the food, the drinks, the EVERYTHING.
- The Whole state of Florida. At the biggest stadium. The best fried chicken in the south. Any drink anybody wants and every type of Cannabis in flower/concentrate form. The weather will be 74 degrees with no humidity night time. Production will be done by the company that does the Super Bowl.
With EDC Las Vegas right around the corner, how are the Corporate Slackrs preparing for their set & overall trip? Do you have any pre-festival rituals? How are your emotions overall leading up to EDC?
- We are trying to make our set as authentic as possible. We like to play the tracks that we know people like but we make our own edits/mashups to them to keep everyone one guessing. We also have some new music we are playing for the first time and are excited about that.
Overall, in regards to EDC Las Vegas, what are you guys each most pumped about?
- The overall atmosphere. EDC Vegas makes you fall in love with electronic music
Your song “Electric Sky” delivered just…ALL the EDC vibes into play and gave me flashbacks to my first festival ever, EDC Orlando in 2012. Loved it.
Tell us about how the idea for Electric Sky started and the collaboration process with Emma Zander.
I’m sure you’re prepping one hell of a set for EDC weekend, any last minute advice,suggestions, or comments you want to tell your fans before we all meet you under the “Electric Sky”?
- We just want to thank everyone that has supported us since day 1 and have watched us grow. We have a lot of new music coming out and are excited for everyone to hear it. As for EDC Vegas, just be ready to bring the energy.
For more Corporate Slackrs, add them on their social streams below!
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Soundcloud
Also, don’t dare forget to check our BRAND NEW EDM & Music Festival Gear on our Merch page!
Check out some unnecessary but awesome Festival must haves for 2017 HERE